Hello and happy new year! I thought I’d take a little break from posting for the majority of December, and like many bloggers, I feel like it’s done me the world of good!
I’m back for the new year and so excited to start post regularly! 2019 was one of those years where it flew by, but felt like it dragged at the same time, and when I reflect back on it, it’s pretty amazing to be reminded of all the fun things that I did get up to.
- Went to Edinburgh for a hen do
- Saw The Streets live
- Went to Paris (and Disneyland!) for another hen do
- Went to Barcelona (although it feels like SO long ago; what I would do for a huge glass of sangria right now)
- Went to three amazing, very different weddings and loved them
- Took Isla strawberry picking for the first time
- Saw Isla start a new school, and my god, it was the best decision we could have made
- Went to Brighton for the first time (and loved it)
- Went to Manchester, properly, for the first time (I know, shock)
- Stayed in the cutest cottage in the Yorkshire Dales
- Did a whole lot of #OOTD stories on Instagram
It’s been fun, and I actually had to look back on my Highlights to remind myself of exactly what I got up to in 2019!
Obviously it’s not always been easy, but when is life just candyfloss and sunshine? I’ve certainly learnt a lot about myself and how to deal with difficult/sticky situations:
- Sometimes it’s better to walk away from an argument to cool down, rather than let it escalate (I’m a ‘we-need-to-fix-this-now’ person fyi)
- Never reply straight away if you receive an email from someone who has rubbed you up the wrong way.
- If you feel like a situation doesn’t feel right, your feelings are valid. And no, you’re not crazy.
- Communicate the good and the bad; you might not think it’ll come out eloquently but you’ll get there.
I’m so excited for this year, and it’s already been completely life changing in so many ways (just take a look at Twitter and you’ll see that it didn’t take the President of the United States very long to ruin the new decade!). We’re off to South Africa for two weeks in February, and Adam and I will be celebrating our sixth anniversary, which will be so fun! I’ve already booked a cute restaurant, and I can’t wait to just chill on the beach, with no worries for a few days.
What do I want out of 2020? It’s difficult to say. I have a lot of goals, both personal and professional that I’d like to see through the entire year and I’m really hoping I’m able to. I try really hard not to stick to numbers on social media, in particular, but I think I’m finally in a place where followers are the least of my worries. I love that the people who follow me are invested in what I share and the comments I get really do make my day. So with that in mind:
- Minimum of 3 comments per post on Instagram
- One collaboration with a great brand
- Post on my blog at LEAST twice a week (I say, with a Content Calendar prepared)
- Post to Youtube at least once a week (this is a big one)
- Read the 15 books currently on my bedside table (I know), plus another 5
- FINISH ‘IT’. This book is great but my God, I keep having to take breaks!
- Minimise my clothes purchases every month (max. three items a month – this might seem ridiculous, but even though I rewear a lot of my items, I still find myself buying things, even when I know it’s not needed)
- Minimise my social media use in the evening, from 7pm onwards
So there we go. Let’s see how I do.
I really hope you stick around and continue to read my blog, because I really do enjoy sharing things here! Here’s to an amazing 2020.
Oh, and please, if you have 2 minutes, I’d like you to take the time to please donate the any of these (but particularly for the fires in Australia, they are ravaging a huge area of the country and they need any help they can possibly get – it is so, so heartbreaking):
Australian Red Cross
National Autistic Society