Tomorrow is a brand new year and I wanted my quick comeback to blogging to be a little look back at some of the outfits that I shared with you guys over the course of 2018. Apparently I started the year looking into the distance and ended it looking down at the ground, which I can only take as a metaphor for how I actually felt (deep, so deep) to be perfectly honest with you, but more on that another time, right?
It’s been a crazy ass year…
- We finally saved enough to put an offer on a house that we both loved, got said offer accepted, and had a very tumultuous journey to getting our keys… but we got there. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!
- Isla turned 5 and we threw her a birthday party. I turned 26 (bloody’ell) and we went to London to eat a shit tonne of food for Adam’s 24th.
- Isla has been going to speech therapy consistently this year, and it’s certainly paid off because she copies every last word we say now, and it’s so damn cute – even when she’s being naughty, it’s frickin cute.
- I CUT MY DAMN HAIR, and loved it! I really miss my long hair now, but then I look back and feel so conflicted! What was your favourite?
- I got a new job. This one was really tough for me, I have to say, because I LOVED my old job – but I think it was time to try something new and I have to say it’s been the kick up the arse I needed. Having to deal with everything directly, myself, all on my own has been a big learning curve, and I’m a lot tougher than I was 6 months ago. With that being said, I passed my probation just before Christmas, so I must be OK at what I do!
- I got laser eye surgery! YEP… I CAN SEE PEOPLE. I CAN SEE WITHOUT GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES. And even though I forget and sometimes go to scrape my eye (yum) – it is the BEST thing having the ability to see and I’d go through those first few days of streaming outs and extreme light sensitivity all over again.
- This is probably one of the biggest and most important things that happened this year- I decided to go back to therapy and it’s honestly been the best decision for me. I’ve learnt that I put myself down far too much, and that believing in myself, and putting myself first is NOT a bad thing. This is something I’ll speak about another time, but discovering my self worth has been a huge highlight this year and I can only imagine this will help me make 2018 amazing.
My new year’s resolutions mainly revolve around the gym – I’m aiming for complete BUTT goals next year and although I feel very comfortable with myself at the moment, that’s one thing I am striving for! Not only that but to remain consistent with my blogging because I did really well this year! I just fell at the last hurdle a little bit. Youtube is on the horizon a little more too – I’ve made a big list of what I’d like to do on the platform and I’m very excited to share these with you.
As you can see, I’ve moved on from my old theme and I am in LOVE with my new one! So this one’s here to stay for a good while. I’ve started adding a bit of branding across my other platforms, so keep an eye out for it on my Twitter and Youtube, especially!
So this has turned into a bit of ramble from me – oops. But what do you think to this year’s looks!? I really loved shooting them, and I’ve got to say 2017 was definitely my favourite for outfit posts. I upped my game a little bit and I’m really planning on doing more of that in 2018!
Have an amazing time celebrating guys, whatever you’ll be doing – thank you so much for reading and I really hope you continue into next year!